A building full of history of entertainment in an urban area outside the center.
Its history started in 1876, when it was built as a social hall for dance events. Films were shown here as early as 1906. In 1913, regular film showing began by the cinema owner Joseph Fey. There was one hall with 800 seats. After 1945 the name was changing from Schloss Lindenfels to Lichtspiele Lindenfels. It was used as a cinema untill 1987, when the heating system was broken.
An interesting fact is that cinema operators have been trained in this cinema.
In 1994, the building was reopened for theater and cinema with two halls, now called Schaubühne Lindenfels.
The photo was taken by Olaf Weißhuhn.