Crivitz in North Germany (former East Germany, GDR) is located around 20 kilometers east of Schwerin and around 21 kilometers northwest of Parchim on the river Warnow.
The cinema was built in 1954. This was intended to bring culture to the countryside so that people stay in the village and work there. The building has used as a house for cinema and theater and named Kulturhaus (House of Culture) from 1974 till 2004. Then there was a restaurant.
It is planned to use the building again as a cultural center.
The postcard is from 1963.