In October 1950 the Capitol in Neumünster was opened. It had 827 places. Hermann Rein was the architect. He also redesigned the Capitol in Flensburg in 1951.
In the 1970s, the cinema was converted into a cinema center with three halls.
It was closed in 2000 after the opening of a new multiplex in the former Karstadt department store, just a few meters away.
In 2008, the building was demolished.
A few words about the advertised film on the postcard. It seems to be the film Csardas der Herzen (Germany, 1951). Only "Csardas" is readable.