Piešťany is a town in Western Slovakia. It is the biggest and best known spa town in Slovakia and has around 28,000 inhabitants. And a cinema, too.
The Kino Fontána (Cinema Fontaine) started showing films on December 1, 1951. Then under the name Kino Moskva. In 1958, the cinema hall was rebuilt and panoramic films could shown. Because of the popularity of the spa, a large number of visitors came to the cinema in socialist times. Some films even premiered in Piešťany.
A natural cinema extension was built in 1959. This area was put back into service in the summer of 2020. It has now a capacity of 1,000 seats and it is also equipped to host concerts and performances by musical groups and soloists.
The cinema has today a capacity of the fixed auditorium of 262 seats. With additional retractable side and rear seats, the capacity can be increased to a maximum of 386 seats.
The postcard was sent in 1963.