Kino Sevastopol is in the middle house on the postcard in the street Na Příkopě 31 in Czech capital Prague. The house was built as Příkopy Palace for the insurers of Moldavia Generali and Assicurazioni Generali in 1936-38 by the architects Bohumír Kozák and Antonín Černý in functionalist style. The palace was and is known for its shopping passage, which connects the streets of Celetna and Na Příkopě. The cinema was opened on September 9, 1938 as Cinema Broadway, located in the basement of the building, and was most elegant movie theather in Prague. The whole building is now an inherited cultural monument.
The cinema was called Sevastopol after the Soviet army came to Prague in May 1945. Sevastopol is a city located in the southwestern region of the Crimean Peninsula on the Black Sea. There was the the Battle of Sevastopol during World War II from October 1940 until July 1942.
The Cinema named to Cinema Broadway again after 1989. It was the first Czech cinema that had a SDDS surround sound. It closed in 1998. In December 2001 a new musical theatre was opened in the rooms: Divadlo Broadway.
The postcard is from the 1950s. You can read Kino Sevastopol over the entrance and see advertisment for a movie with a sail. Maybe it was the 1937 Soviet movie Белеет парус одинокий / The lonely White Sail / Na obzoru plachta bílá after the novel by Valetin Katajew.